You can be forgiven your messy house, empty fridge and poor timing keeping. But do you really want to give up on style altogether? Maintaining certain pre-baby standards will make you feel at least 50 per cent more normal and your children will appreciate it when they see their baby photos.
Here are 10 ways you can be a stylish new mum:
1. Get dressed, particularly if you have a newborn. People will applaud you and marvel at how clever you are. And you will feel much better.
2. Put on make up everyday. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t quite have the same precision as before kid, you’ll feel less dishevelled and people will wonder how you manage to be so time efficient.
3. Put gel in your little boy’s hair. This is considered highly unusual and rather Scandinavian if sleeked back in the right manner.
4. Avoid Crocs. I think they are disgusting, the world has been brainwashed. If you want some waterproof kid shoes invest in some Natives.
5. Don’t listen to your toddler’s cries and blood curdling screams to wear their pyjamas all day. Or let them go out in tracksuit bottoms or a cartoon-print T-shirt, ugly car/van/dragon/whatever Tshirt.
These are unacceptable – you knew this before you had children. Personally I can’t understand how any mother with a child under the age of 18 could allow them to choose what they wear but that’s just me 😉
6. Pink is for boys and blue is for girls.
7. If you have put on a bit of weight after pregnancy wear loose-fitting tops and don’t stare too hard at yourself in the mirror.
8. Match your outfit with your kids…just a little. Red jeans for her, red top for you. Subtle and chic.
9. Don’t ever wear work out clothes unless you are going to the gym. You will look like you have given up on life.
10. Avoid being too practical, its depressing.