Perfect for cosy nights snuggled under your favourite throw with a movie, this sweet potato chilli recipe really hits the spot!
Just remember to tone down the chilli if you’re sharing with little ones!
For best results, use a slow cooker.
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
500g lean beef mince
2 x 400g chopped tomatoes
5 mushrooms, chopped
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped into small chunks
1 red pepper, chopped into small slices
1 green chilli, chopped into small slices
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp basil
1 tsp vegemite (or marmite)
1 Knorr paprika flavour pot
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
half a cup of water
Optional: 2 tbsp chia seeds to thicken the sauce if required
- Turn your slow cooker onto the low heat setting
- Chop all your vegetables up as indicated above
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan, then add the beef mince. Break up the mince so it has a fine consistency, and keep stirring until browned
- Add all of the spices, vegemite, paprika flavour pot and apple cider vinegar to the browned beef mince, and stir well to distribute evenly
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir well, then transfer to your slow cooker
- Add all of the chopped vegetables to the mix, and stir well to distribute evenly
- Pop the lid on, and leave the chilli to cook for as long as possible (I let mine cook for 12 hours)
- After your set amount of time, take the lid off and give it a stir. If the sauce isn’t thick enough for your liking, add 2 tbsp of chia seeds and leave it to thicken on the high heat setting, and with the lid off for about 20 minutes
- When you’re happy with the consistency, serve up and enjoy!